Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer Sports Trac 4 door, 2 wheel

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer Sports Trac 4 door,***** 6 cylinder, leaking transmission oil which is dripping down towards the front of the engine past the ATF dipstick and right before the radiator.
JA: Have you made sure the transmission is getting power?
Customer: Yes. What is weird is that the dipstick check shows no oil loss, although the drip rate after starting the engine is about every second or two, but it stops after the engine is turned off and the loss of fluid is about one fith or one fourth of a cup.
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried pouring in a quart of transmission conditioning and stop leak fluid. Wanted to try the AT 205 Re Seal fluid, but Napa doesnt carry it here on Guam. Thinking of ordering it online and trying to see if the AT 205 sealant works.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 11 months ago.

Have you checked the power steering fluid to see if it was low?