Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I cant sem to find the tentioner pully, 91 ranger xlt, Im

Customer Question
Hey i cant sem to...
Hey i cant sem to find the tentioner pully
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 91 ranger xlt
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im replacing the water pump and ive gotten the fan and radiator of but i cant get the belts off
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: No and i have no idea
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Which engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4.0

I am unable to speak on the phone but here is the diagram showing the location of the tension adjustment

Click here

Look this over, you see the tension pulley on top with the plate you loosen to move the pulley

Let me know what questions you have

Thanks

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician