Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I need to replace the abs hydraulic proportioning valve

Customer Question

I need to replace the abs hydraulic proportioning valve module on my E450 7.3. I have already replaced all calipers and master cylinder. I'm only getting the front brakes to work correctly. The job doesn't look to bad is there anything that I would need to do to bleed the brakes out after it is installed? It's a Kelsey Hayes 2c24-2c346. Thank you, Pat
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: Brake fluid is fine all new brakes all around
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 E450 7.3 diesel dual rear wheels
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've replaced everything except for that module which I will have in my hands tomorrow morning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanted to know if there is anything special that I would need to do to bleed the brakes after installation and if there has to be any programming if the new module
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

When you replace the ABS HCU, mark the lines with masking tape and draw out a diagram which goes where. There is no diagram showing which lines goes where if you confuse them. Once installed. Bleed the brakes. Hook up a diagnostic tool and perform and ABS bleed. Then bleed at the wheels again to remove the purged air from the HCU that the scan tool got out.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Sorry you were not pleased with my help. Is there anything else I can offer on this topic.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris