Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 09 focus that I removed the IM for RR the PCV valve

Customer Question
and hose. When reinstalling I...
I have a 09 focus that I removed the IM for RR the PCV valve and hose. When reinstalling I noticed that the IMRC actuator at the bottom has a wiring connection outlet but I can't find the harness to connect. Is this a dummy connection because of a previous model year?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes. I've been checking. Nothing found
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I was a mechanic in the Army. I've replaced PCV valve and hose. IMRC solenoid, EGR valve. MAF. Spark plugs. Vacuum lines.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The reason I'm inquiring is my problem is I have a hunting idle only about 50-100 rpms between 650 and 750 but it keeps throwing P0303 codes and P2004 codes. What could it be? I have a Bluetooth OBD2 and the Vacuum is steady at 21. Also, there is a ticking. Is that the IM? Maybe a fuel injector? I'm stumped
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's also a slight stutter on the low end of switching gears while accelerating. It accelerates and goes fine just not smooth at the low end of gears but it's fine when there no acceleration with or strong acceleration. I also read it could be the tumble flaps inside the IM

hey man how are you

sorry you having this problem with it

I sent you diagrams of the intake manifold , do you have # 6 on that diagram , does my picture matches what you have

is the Swirl control valve solenoid working ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcoymprn35po2xc/File%20Oct%2027%2C%208%2034%2031%20AM.png?dl=0

have you checked for vacuum leaks '

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

is injector # 3 pulsing ?for the p0303 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the solenoid and I have RR, it made no difference. Where the vacuum line from the solenoid to the actuator there is a electrical 2 prong harness connection at the bottom but I cannot seem to find a wiring harness to it.

but the solenoid itself has power to it and connected ,other than that loose connector you see unplugged ?

there should be nothing unplugged there ?

is this original engine or do you know ?

this the pin out for the IMCR module pin out , there is 2 different connector depends which one you have , so i sent you both to match yours '

check the power and ground to it

what you have on them did you check ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the harness from the main that goes to the IMRC is connected and the harness on the other side of the intake. Yes the solenoid does have power and I have Removed and Replaced with a new one. This is the original Duratec 2.0L engine. The IMRC is all electronic. At the top of the actuator is the sensor which is also plugged in and working verified with multi-meter for power and unplugged while engine running definitely gets sluggish when unplugged. I would say the sensor and solenoid are working.

ok you still have p0303, plug, coil injector ,swap injector or coil does the fault move with it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From the pics looks like we're referring to the same thing as IMRC module and sensor in my explanation. Yes it does have power and I believe it is working. Ok I'll start swapping and let you know what I get when I swap.

ok sounds good

Chad

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it's still not good. I swapped coils and no change. I swapped and regapped spark plugs and no change. I haven't done the fuel injector yet. Right now I'm caught up in landlord duties but will swap and replace if needed the fuel injector. I have a feeling it's been done before. I bought the car used with 69k miles. The cover for the fuel shutoff is missing in the passenger seat. The car is still hunting/surging at idle though very small like a 50-100 rpm. Maybe it needs a throttle adjustment because it looks like the set screw was tinkered with also. If not the fuel injector what else could it be?

Ok man sounds good , keep me update I like to know what happens with injector swap

Good luck with it

Just reply back here if you need anything else on it

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not the injectors. I cleaned swapped injectors. Drove it no code yet but it's still surging or hunting. It still sometimes lacks power at the low end of gears. Seems to hunt or surge more on a downward slope or decline.

I will opt out of the question and open it for another expert to help you on it .

that is all i know on it , just don't reply back to me and wait for another expert to pick up the question, if you do reply back ,it will lock the question back to me and no other expert will see it open to help you

Sorry

good luck to you

Chad

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat