Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 1995 ranger wipers quit run. If jumps the cable it works.

Customer Question
I have no wiring diagram...
my 1995 ranger wipers quit run. If jumps the cable it works. I have no wiring diagram to check it cable to cable.
JA: Do the other interior lights operate the way they should?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes check fuse and power
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you needing a wiper circuit wiring diagram for your ranger?

Okay I have enclosed them in the link below. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/wipers%20Oct%2025.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/wipers%20two%20Oct%2025.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manuals from ford but not have the wiring diagram to the vehicle

I have sent them to you in the two blue links . Have a look and let me know if you need anything else.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im checking continuity to the cable now but some colors not match. Ioing to start now

The wiring diagram is the factory diagram for the 1995 Ranger. Is that what your working on?

Have a look at the test steps in the link below for the wiper system as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Wiper%20testing%20Oct%2025.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the same that you sent me but some wires in my model are not in the same place like the relay and hi&low relay.

Try running the test step in the new link I just posted for you. The relays are located in the under hood fuse panel see them in this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/relay%20location%20Oct%2025.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I check all the wiring and have continuity but the problem continue. the only i found was the wire in the relays park and hi-lo are in different order but it was working before that way

Did you run the steps I sent you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it no power in the db/o and w but if I jump it the motor its work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i run the self test in the gem

Power to the Dark blue/orange wire comes from the switch. You need full scan tool to pull codes from the GEM module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have one but no code shows

If you not getting power from the switch on the Dark blue/orange wire from the switch and all the fuse are okay and you not getting any fault codes then I would suspect you may have a bad switch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ob/o have power and is a new switch

You stated the dark blue/orange wire had to power and also said when you jumped power to it the the wiper run. Is that the case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i remove the relay and jump the ob/o and the motor works same with the white

Okay well something is being over looked here but unfortunately with out being there to do that testing I have no idea what your missing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i know if the gem is bad. also i notice that the light in the light switch is on when is off and off when the lights are on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that start after the wiper stop working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will do it again

The only way to know if the GEM is failing would be to replace it with a known good unit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the cables in the relays are in different position. did i should change it to the places that the book show it supposed to be or leave it like that

I would not change anything if the positions where working before.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Run back through the steps once more and see if there is something you may have missed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the problem is that i have no power in step 5 db/o and w

Unfortunately I have done all I can from here and I can not be there to do the testing for you. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps some one else has some thing else to offer.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician