Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The door ajar light stays on after opening my rear left

Customer Question

The door ajar light stays on after opening my rear left door. It was going out after I reclosed the door a couple times, now it's stuck on. Where is the switch for the rear door?
JA: Have you checked the switch?
Customer: Don't know where it's at?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007, F150, XLT
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I like to work on this stuff myself...But want to start off in the right direction...such as where is the switch? thx.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it...no. thx
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

The door ajar switch is inside the door attached to the door latch. I can give you directions to get to it if needed. Is this a crew cab?

Quite often opening the door and giving the latch a 5 second shot of wd40 in all directions then slam the door about 10 times, will free up a sticking switch.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thx. I have tried the wd40 ... no luck. I have the full size back seat...crew cab. Yes I would like directions to get to the switch. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris