Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2007 Ford Edge front wheel drive,replacing rear wheel

Customer Question

2007 Ford Edge front wheel drive,replacing rear wheel bearing and hv the speed sensor removed (but it broke) plastic inside broke, my main problem is I got the 4 bolts off but now what's the trick to getting the bearing off? Thank you
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: There is a wire inside from where it broke
JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried using a pry bar and hammer,I thought it should come loose once tapped w a hammer but not budging.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.

did you remove the complete steering knuckle ?

which 4 bolts did you remove ?

Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.

can you send me a picture of the new hub and bearing you are going to be installing ?