Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The headlights are off but the marker lights stay on it a

Customer Question

The headlights are off but the marker lights stay on it a f350 4x4 crewcab diesel
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Pull the fuse the lights go out reinstall the fuse the marker lights and tail lights come back on
JA: What year is your F350?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Also have an issue with the tbc message on the instrument message center but the trailer lights and brakes work tbc stays on even when the trailer isn't hooked up and know it's not the trailer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Airbag light comes on sporadically this all started last spring after the local ford dealer did the head gasket and raised the cab to work on it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

We are allowed to help diagnose and fix one issue per question. Which issue do you want my help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why don't the rear marker and tail lights go out pull the trailer fuse there off put the fuse in and theyre back on

The trucks front and rear parking lights stay on, correct?

When you remove fuse 38 the trucks parking lights now turn off, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct when you turn the lights off the lights on the front of the truck act normal on and off with the switch cab markers headlights ect the tail lights and rear markers continue to stay on unless I pull the trailer fuse also have a tbc fault but trailer brakes and lights work like normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the rear marker and tail lights stay on not the front markers or marker lights on the cab are on

Has someone been altering the wiring on this vehicle?

All these lights are on the same circuit:

• roof marker lights
  • rear parking lights
  • rear license plate lights
  • front parking lights
  • exterior mirror parking lights

I ask because you said the front parking lights work correct when turned on and off but the rear lamps stay on all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the wiring has not been altered factory wiring all the way to the rv plug
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Are you sure it is the rear parking lights on and not the brake lights?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No its not the brake lights you can step on the brakes and then the brake like go on but even the side marker lights on the headache rack and the flat bed are on

Okay that means it does have altered wiring. Ford does not sale trucks with flat beds and headache racks. Someone installed that bed on this truck. Someone has spliced into wiring for these lights. Can you see where whom ever has spliced into the trucks wire harness for the flat bed?

Ford diagrams went down 5 minutes ago for whatever reason. I really need them back up to accurately go through this circuit with you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This flatbed was installed by a ford dealer when the the truck was new

I have worked at 3 Ford dealers and we never install flat beds. The cab and chassis truck comes off the semi then the truck is sent off to a company that installs the different bed options. Ford only allows Ford dealers to install Ford products. I doubt the dealer installed the bed unless you physically watched them do it. Can you see where whom ever has spliced into the trucks wire harness for the flat bed?

Ford diagrams are back up, would you like me to to show and explain the issue I am trying to relay through them?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris