Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

A mirade of problems. When I open the door now the interior

Customer Question

a mirade of problems. When I open the door now the interior lights don't illuminate. The radio does not shut off automatically, nor do the headlights. The power door locks, keyless entry aren't functioning either. The interior light does illuminate. This all happened several weeks ago when I turned the ignition off and on and inadvertently all of these things occured simultaniously.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: I looked at the manual and attempted to program as stated in the manual with no success.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 F-150 King Ranch RWD
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried myself, afraid the dealer will just throw parts at it until the situation is resolved.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Power seats, mirrors and adjustable pedals also not operational at this time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

First, let's try to reset the BCM. Unhook both battery cables and hold them together for about 1 minute. This will draw down the memory on all of the modules and force a reset.

See if anything has changed after you reconnect the battery.

If not, then the nest step is to see if the wiring to the driver door ajar sensor is bad. It will be easiest to check with a scan tool, but if you don't have one you will have to physically inspect the wiring in the door jamb. You will also need a multimeter to test voltage.

Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate.