Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

A friend has left it parked in my driveway. I need to move

Customer Question
A friend has left it...
A friend has left it parked in my driveway. I need to move it but can't get it out of Park.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 0focus
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't even need it to start, just to get it into neutral so I can move it. The battery was dead, so I charged it some, can't start it either, but that wasn't important
JA: What is the voltage at the battery?
Customer: I have no idea
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. It appears to have power, but doesn't crank and the shifter button won't press in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you just need to get it out of gear to move it,m you can unsnap the shift cable from where it attaches to the transmission, and manually move the lever at the transmission to move it, have you tried this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope, hadn't done anything that in depth yet.

Its a simple procedure, where the shift cable attaches to the transmision, just use a screwdriver to pry off the cable, and then manually move the lever, then the car will roll freely, the steering wheel will still be locked, but the car will move,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me??

Ok, I guess you were just looking for free answer, good luck in the future,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH