AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 Ford F150 4wd xlt. After working sporadically for some

Customer Question

2000 Ford F150 4wd xlt. After working sporadically for some time, the turn signals have quit working altogether. Found the flasher relays and have elimiated that as the cause. I'm at a loss. What should I be checking?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Can I get your engine size so I can pull a wiring diagram for the turn signals?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
4.6ltr
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Provided all fuses and wiring are good, this problem is caused by a bad multifunction switch.

Here is the tests you can run to be sure..

Start by checking for battery voltage to the multifunction switch on the Light Blue wire with the ignition switch in the Run position from the electronic flasher relay. In addition, check for battery voltage on the White/Red wire which is fed to the multifunction switch for the hazard function. If both circuits show battery voltage from the flasher relay, ground either of the circuits through a standard 12-volt test light and look for the test light to flash indicating that the flasher relay is functional. (which I suspect it is because you have replaced it).

You can also, disconnect the multifunction switch and install a jumper wire between the LB wire and the Light Green/White wire to see if the left turn indicator works, thereby indicating a defective multifunction switch.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time! I'll trouble shoot as you advised and hope for positive results! Have a great evening
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome!

Please dont forget to rate.

Have a great night!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon. I see you have viewed my last reply but have not responded back. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or to see if you still need help with anything? If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help. If I have answered all of your questions, please dont forget to honor the good faith rating system to complete this conversation. Thank you and have a great weekend!