Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

When it rains water is coming into the passenger side behind

Customer Question

When it rains water is coming into the passenger side behind the glove compartment. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Mustang convertible
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will fix it myself if it's not too complicated. I saw some pine needles in the well where the wipers are and thought it may have clogged the drains so removed them but it occurred again. Had similar problem with drains getting clogged on dodge van and am thinking that may be what's up
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Wipers work so I assume there is power
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Are you able to remove the glove box, and watch this area while another soaks the vehicle from the outside. An overflowing fresh air intake allowing water to come into the HVAC system and out the blower motor is a common concern. You may also want to seal around the fresh air intake using silicone to rule that out. Have you confirmed it is not the convertible top leaking above the visor?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi,I will look at these items and get back to you.

Super,

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris