Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 f350 6.0l diesel truck im have a issues with

Customer Question

I have a 2006 f350 6.0l diesel truck im have a issues with instement cluster all my gauges and my radio and power windows stop working then come back on all ay the same time truck runs ok and drives ok when this happens.when they come off and on it sounds like a relay clicking under the dash somewere do u gave any ideas. Thank u
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you have a volt meter, can you work in wire testing, can you remove the cluster?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have a volt meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a relay I can check real quick in the fuse panel. Just seems funny y my power windows dont work when this is happing

Review this diagram https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ICdelay.pdf

The relay you hear clicking is the accessory delay relay. This relay powers the windows and radio. The instrument clusters internal battery saver relay controls the accessory delay relay. Since your cluster is cutting out. That means the focus is on the cluster being bad or it is losing power or ground from bad connections. I could help you test this, but you do not have the tool we need.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Sorry you were not pleased with my help. What would you like to do now?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dumd question is it possible my fuel sender unit is shorting out. My fuel gauge read a 1/4 tank of tank of fuel then dropped to empty and the low fuel warning light came on and then truck started to chug then fuel gauge went back up to almost 1/2 tank. I filled it up with fuel it took 24 gallons while driving home I didnt have any issues with the gauges or any thing. Possible fuel sender unit shorting out?????

The sending unit could be faulty and causing the gauge to read incorrect meaning your issue was caused from running low on fuel. Do you need the diag steps for the fuel gauge reading incorrect?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris