Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I changed hpop ipr lpop and all injectors with standard

injectors and icp and ebp...
i changed hpop ipr lpop and all injectors with standard injectors and icp and ebp on a 2001 450 7.3 now my ae program saysp1277,p1273,p1274,then i get a p0266 it idles rough no smoke fi ne driving down road also replaced valve cov er gasket and harness
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also changed fuel filter and idm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
reason for all the work was 4 injector seals went bad and put 6 gallons oil in tank over time
10/18/2016
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Are you asking for the Ford diag steps for the codes you have or for something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trying to understand the codes so I can get truck runing right it is runing rough at idle like a miss drive it and it runs good under throtle wot so I bought the ae program and those are the code I get

Thanks,

1277 is a code for injector 7. This can be a concern with the injector solenoid, wiring to the injector or the IDM.

1273 is the same concern for injector 3

1274 is the same concern for injector 4

0266 means cylinder 2 is not contributing equal to the other cylinders, so very mush like the other codes.

Here is the diag for code 1277, can you do these steps https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1277.pdf

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry not a p1274 I have a p1294

1294 is stored through the IDM stating there is a concern with bank 2 of the engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can that be cause of injectors or what is bank 2 explain this please

There is a bank 1 and bank 2. Also known as the left side of the engine and right side of the engine. Bank 1 has cylinder 1 on it. Here are the diag steps for this code.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1294.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so I checked harness today all checks good so I cleared all codes re ran scan and on koeo key on engine off I get p1273,on buzz test I get p1273,on contribution test I get cylinder 1,and cylinder 2 codes also checked exaust temp readings #2 is 50 degrees less than others and 1 is 30 degrees cooler but #3 is 40 to 50 degrees hotel than others so what do you think I should try now thanks

I would go with a compression test to see if cylinders are low causing this to appear like an injector is failing form low contribution.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I have just been busy have not had time to work on the truck until next week I run a company so I stay tied up

This post will be closed tomorrow at 6pm central. Sorry my assistance did not get you going.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the just answer line of until your problem is fixed for this amount is not totally true
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That cool thanks tho

I am not sure what line your referring to. I am just telling you that this post will time out tomorrow on the 7th day because it has not been rated yet.

Which means you paid for help but did not resolve the issue and it means I got nothing for my time trying to help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Thanks, ***** ***** post will not time out and you can respond forever on this post about this concern.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Your welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician