Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2005 Escape, 4 wheel drive. I have had a vibration

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Escape,*****...
I have a 2005 Escape,***** I have had a vibration in it and have not found the source. I am thinking that it may be the front carrier bearing. My reason is, because I have replaced the entire rear axle (both sides) and the rear u-joint; not to mention all 4 rotors, wheel bearings, brakes and the calipers and still have the vibration. It has all ways felt as if it is just below my feet in the front. Am I thinking on the right track?
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: The brakes are less than 6 months old and there are 251K miles on it. I replaced not only the brake pads, but the rotors and calipers and all 4 wheel bearings.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am working on it with my son and my husband. As I said, we have replaced both sides of the rear axles, the rear u-joint, the stabilizer bars (both sides) the sway bars (both sides), all 4 wheel bearings, all 4 rotors, all 4 calipers and we replaced the brake pads with ceramic pads. Any suggestions as to what may be causing the vibration? It is getting worse and my steering wheel is vibrating super bad. Not to mention that I can actually hear this thing "growling".
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else just now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Since the steering wheel vibrates then its for sure the front end. Either the left or right axle half shaft or the front right carrier bearing. Possibly out of alignment, bent wheel, broken tire belt, or faulty shock. Are the front tires wearing poorly, does a rotate change things, have you ran it in the air supported by the suspension not by the body to see if it vibrates?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician