Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a Ford Fiesta ST. Two days ago two issues cropped up.

Customer Question

JA: What year is your Fiesta ST?
Customer: 1. the automatic climate control will no longer direct air through the center vents. Defrost seem to work fine but the other vents seem not to be working correctly.
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: 2. The engine will cut off and stumble at a low idle with no throttle response whets ever. The "maintenance wrench" is displayed on the dash. When I turn the engine off and restart the engine takes longer than normal to start but once it does it runs fine for the rest of the trip. I seems to only do this shortly after I begin a trip so maybe it is related to the engine being cold? The air will cool and warm appropriately. No coolant leak.
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta ST yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything thus far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

What year model?

Current miles?

Can you scan it to see which codes are stored?

Are you able to get air flow to the floor?

So far the engine issue looks to be a concern related with the throttle body possibly dirty and sticking. On the climate control this looks to be related to the mode door actuator.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris