Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

T won't turn over on the dash says batery, brakes, abs and i

Customer Question
t won't turn over on...
t won't turn over on the dash says batery , brakes , abs and i think cd maby,,batery is good
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: witch fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 ford explorer
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: charged the batery, used jumper cables to establish a ground from the batery and cleaned the batery posts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: there is a problem with the anti loick brakes but it is minor the car ran great yesterday
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the explorer is cranking but not starting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it keeps askin me to pay more but won't give the answeres

i already ask a question, not sure why it keeps asking for more money

does it crank but not start or does it not even crank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it doesn't crank or even try to and the battery seems to be ok... windows, lights etc are working...I think it may be the selinoid and or starter but I don't know the location....decided to have it towed and repaired anyway.....so for now I don't need your help....Don
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you need me to assist you with a vehicle concern?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It turned out that the shift cable had stretched and got the park/neutral safety switch out of sync, i.e., the car thought it was in gear and wouldn't start....with towing gonna cost around $350 ....

Glad you got it resolved. Do you have another auto question you would like my help with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not for now

OKay

Ron, ASE Certified Technician