Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2010 ford fusion, i was driving perfectly fine,

Customer Question
hi, i have a 2010...
hi, i have a 2010 ford fusion, i was driving perfectly fine, then low tire has been on. went and put air in the tires. (all 4) later that morning power steering goes completely out. drove it home, now i go to start the car, it does not attempt to start, no lights or signals turn on, and before that when car did start there was no way to move the wheel. can i please get your help. i have a 2 month old and 4 year old child and i have no money to take car to of the car, i don't have money to even attempt to try.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hi I would like to help you out. The tire pressure light will have no relation to the power steering failure. The power steering is electronic on your vehicle so that really limits its possibilities of failure to one component and that is the electronic steering rack. The steering rack has the module built in to it and is only serviceable with a new rack. Check all the fuses under the hood in the fuse box and if they are good the power steering rack will need to be replaced. The battery most likely died after the car was parked because the faulty steering rack most likely drained it. If you charge the battery it should be fone if it was a good strong battery before.jump start the car and check the fuses, if you need further assistance from there please let me know. Thanks

Mat
Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician