Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

05 5.4 3v. On going intermittent prob. from 6/09 to 1 /14 1.

Customer Question
05 5.4 3v. On going...
05 5.4 3v. On going intermittent prob. from 6/09 to 1 /14
1. lack of pwr.,hesitation stalling: fuel filter, plugs replaced, inj. cleaned. 6/09
2. stalling, fuel pump, filter replaced. 12/11
3. loss of power, knocking. timing chains, guides, r. bank phaser replaced. 6/13
4. broke down. all 8 coil packs & plugs replaced.12/13
5. no power, knocking. l. bank phaser replaced. 1/14
vehicle parked
6. runs fine, but stalls/dies when coming to stop. replaced fuel filter, cleaned injectors. 9/16
7. loss of power, knocks, will not run smoothly past 2k rpm, pulsates @2.5k rpm, will not exceed 3k rpm on pulsate.
8. codes are po340, po345, po351, po353, po356, po357. replaced cam sensors, same prob. disconnected field from alt. runs smooth to 4k rpm. will not exceed 4k rpm. replaced alt. same symptom. disconnected field on new alt. same result.
Have you any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't access my e-mail. Please call(###) ###-#### Thanks, Randy
10/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

While running is there a misfire noticed?

Is the max 4k issue in park or drive?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Misfire not noticed. 4k issue is in park
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Engine will only get to 4k with the field disconnected from alternator. If connected the symptom of pulsation returns. Others have suggested oil pressure but the inst. gauge reads 3/4 high cold and 1/2 warm and this does not explain the satisfactory running condition shorty ago.

Can you tell me how it performs when driven with the alternator plugged in and when unplugged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No because I don't know the integrity of the battery a test drive may result in a tow back and don't have a spare. I'm wondering if the new alt. is bad and if these have a "rev limiter".

Yes there is a rev limiter in park and neutral.

Yes this does look like your alternator is to blame for at least some of the issues.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician