Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

P0460 b2148 u2061, 2003 ford excursion 6.0 diesel, 2003 6

Customer Question
p0460 b2148 u2061 JA: What is...
p0460 b2148 u2061
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 ford excursion 6.0 diesel
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2003 6 weeks ago replace sending unit and no change light comes back on.
JA: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is a automotive shop replace sending unit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything else been checked/tested or replaced to try and locate or correct the issues here?

Was anything done on the model before the fault occurred at all that may have caused this issue?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced mass air flow sensor harness. At that time had two codes p0102 and p460 then I went to body control and got other codes.

Did this issue occur after you replaced the mass air flow harness or was this harness replaced to try and correct this fault here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was for fault p0102

O.k.,if you clear out the codes you have now in both the engine computer and body computer do they come right back again?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clear codes and after two key cycles get p0460 and P2148 and U2061 and sometimes p1201

O.k.,let me look into the info on these codes and I will post back here shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

P0460 Fuel level sensor circuit.

P2148 Does not come up for this model and engine here

P1201 Does not come up for this model and engine here

U 2061 does not come up for this model and engine

Has the computer been replaced or reprogrammed or chipped or anything after market done with it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry b2148 b1201 and no program

B1201 is a code for fuel level sender circuit fault.B2148 also doesnt come up for your model vehicle.It may be that the scan tool used is causing false codes to show up as I have seen before.It looks like the main issue is with the fuel level sensor.If the sensor was replaced this can be a fault with the wiring itself from the sensor or the instrument cluster at fault needing replaced.Below is the diagnostic procedure for this fault here that needs followed step by step to pinpoint which component is the cause needing replaced.Your down to wiring at fault or the instrument cluster needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo6nb9aqt54i0a9/b-10-10.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7331csy6nfde62x/b2-10-10.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwpxm1m5b30qpuw/b21-10-10.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician