Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a2003 ford escape and the power seat will not move

Customer Question

i have a2003 ford escape and the power seat will not move back more than 1 inch
JA: What year is your Escape?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried putting the two other adjustment back all the way acouple of times and disconected the battery thinking of rebooting the computer thats all so far
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: it is a brand new battery just replaced it last week and the car starts right up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 11 months ago.

Hi I would like to help you out. Since the seat moves about 1 inch it tells me the switch and power/ground circuits are ok. Typically if the seat only moves to that one point and stops on its own is because the seat track is binding, broken or there is something physically jamming it. You may have to lift up the seat work the switch at the same time to see what is actually jamming it. You may have to clean the threads and grease them on the shaft the motor turns to adjust the seat. If there is nothing physically jamming the seat a new seat track will most likely be needed. If you have any further questions please reply. Thanks