How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rpmdiag Your Own Question
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 8060
Experience:  Since 1975
Type Your Ford Question Here...
rpmdiag is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I" I'm looking at a 2012 F150. On the Carfax report it shows

This answer was rated:

JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: I'm looking at a 2012 F150. On the Carfax report it shows a mileage inconsistency.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am looking to buy this vehicle. On 12/8/2015 it shows 95,055 for mileage on service from dealer, but on 4/11/2016 it shows 61828. Is there a way to roll back this odometer?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

There is no way to change mileage, in fact, when it's done right and an instrument cluster is replaced, the mileage is saved in the scan tool so it can be re-installed to the new cluster. There may have been a failure in the communication, so I would go with the Carfax report.

Thanks, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag and 3 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you