Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Can you put an aluminum intake on a 5.4 liter engine that

Customer Question

Can you put an aluminum intake on a 5.4 liter engine that originally had a plastic intake an if so what years will fit mine is a 2003 ford F150 Truck with the 5.4 engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Dorman makes an aftermarket aluminum intake manifold. I'm not aware of any 5.4l engines that came with an aluminum intake manifold from the factory. Ford was getting better heat control out of the plastic manifold and therefore better gas mileage.

Are you interested in an aftermarket aluminum intake or are you hoping for something from the factory?

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, I just remembered that the 1999 Ford f150 with the 5.4l came with an aluminum intake manifold from the factory. It should line up with your 2003, but that's the only year model that it came on so it might be tough to find.

The Dorman intake can be purchased from a number of sources.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you are getting my responses and whether you need additional information.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Don't forget to rate.