Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I am getting error "p1a14 Hybrid powertrain control module -

Customer Question
i am getting error "p1a14...
i am getting error "p1a14 Hybrid powertrain control module - transmission disabled" code and a error "p0a0a High Voltage system inter-lock circuit " the vehicle has 340 volts in HVpack 13.5 in normal 12 volt circut
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: snap-on solus pro
JA: What is the model of your '13 Ford?
Customer: its an 07 mercury mariner
JA: Are you fixing your Mariner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to figure what is wrong yes i have checked all the relays i could find as directed by forums after charging the HVpack via DC to DC converter the codes i mentiond are the ones i get in the obd2 scan
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: i got the car at an auction it is our first hybrid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it im sure he will havs a few questions
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/4/2016
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

P0A0A is indicating an open in the high voltage interlock circuit. This is the safety circuit that the TBCM monitors at all of the high voltage connections as well as both inertia switches. It can also be caused by:

• Open high voltage interlock circuit
  • Open VPWR to the high voltage interlock circuit
  • Front or rear inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch
  • Damaged traction battery
  • Damaged DC/DC converter
  • Damaged transaxle

First make sure neither front or rear inertia switches are tripped. Next make sure all high voltage connectors are fully seated and there is no damage to the interlock connectors or circuits. The interlocks are the small two wires present at each high voltage connector. The front inertia switch is located behind the passenger side kick panel. The rear inertia switch is located in the right rear of the cargo area. If you don't find any issues in the above then it is going to be very involved to try to accomplish diagnosis over the web. The interlock circuit will need to be fully isolated from the traction battery, traction motor DC/DC converter as well as all the HV connectors to find the source of the open.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Hello again,

Just checking in to see if you need further assistance. If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated.

Thanks!

Kenny Z

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech