Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Have a 5.4l that lost all compression on #3 hole everyone

Customer Question
thinkd the exhaust valve is...
have a 5.4l that lost all compression on #3 hole everyone thinkd the exhaust valve is not closing
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 120000
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, compression check all cylinders and all have 150-160lbs except #3. Has been parked for a couple years when it was shut off everything worked great. Have the cover off now going to check rocker arms
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

at number 3 cylinder, did you remove the followers and see if the valve is stuck open???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have the followers off now

ok, and

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont believe it is

one valve will be taller than the other

ok, either you have a bad lifter that may have hung it open or the valve is open just enough not to seal. I doubt it is burnt since it ran good before

Roy

try a compression test now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the exhaust valve is taller

then the intake is the one open

soak it with pb blaster and work it up and down. if it does not free up the head will have to come off and the valve removed and the guide cleaned out

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest