Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

67 thunderbird and brinkers on car work but when you turn

Customer Question
them the flasher lights come...
67 thunderbird and brinkers on car work but when you turn them the flasher lights come on on the dash. both left and right . what is wrong and how to fix?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a possible loose or corroded ground causing this fault here.I have seen poor ground connections cause this here.I would check the battery grounds and cables as well as any grounds for the lights to the body for any corrosion or damage.This is a common fault of a poor grounding issue here that needs located and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you mean under dash or ex t. lights on car out side. is there a machine to check this and where it is at .also has a slow drain on batt. too could thisdo this on blinkers too ?

Usually this would be external under hood or at the lights or wiring running to the lights,ground from the battery to body etc.These grounds and wires need checked for any issues and any issues found will need corrected to resolve this fault here.

It is possible this is causing drain on the battery.If you have a multi meter I can post a procedure I have used in the past to locate drain issues like this here just let me know,

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
check out grounds on lights all look good still have problem with blinkers yet .they still flash now what?

I apologize for the delay.

Are all the bulbs that are installed in the light sockets the correct bulbs and none that are mix matched?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they work so i am figure they are not mix match right?

The lights can work still even if they are mix matched bulbs.I would check the bulbs and see if any are mix matched needing replaced and let me know.

Pete, Auto Service Technician