Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

A/c cluch won't kick in fuse good worked well. ref pressure

Customer Question
good but a little high...
A/c cluch won't kick in fuse good worked well. ref pressure good but a little high. live in 'f
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: yes it is good about 55 temp about 84 Florida
JA: What is the model of your '55 Ford?
Customer: 2012 escape 4cly
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just checking fuses suspect high or low pressure switch - recently replaced coil switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what is the low pressure for the ac system??

did you check for voltage at the low pressure switch???

coil switch??? please explain

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pressure check on the upper port about the same as checked 1 month ago - has been operating fine for about a month just started on start up cool for about 30 sec then nothing outside temp 92 deg f. Have multimeter where and how do you check those switches. LP and coil switch? what should it be I see their is a 5 v dc input

ok, again, what is the pressure on the low side???

what is the voltage at the low pressure switch??

there is no coil switch

did you check voltage at the compressor clutch???

I will get a wiring diagram for you

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pressure on the top inside port where coolant is entered is 55psig at 84 deg. f. Did not check voltages. Is not the compressor clutch is electro-magnetic with a coil?

whats going on???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am watching a utube to try and find out where the switches are located.

the low pressure switch is on the dryer.

the high side is on the line from the condenser to the evap.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found both switches - the high pressure requires me to get under the car can't get to it from the top. Where can I test continuity at an easier location. Low pressure switch is good.

can I please have voltage values I have asked since the beginning???

Ron, ASE Certified Technician