Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I had to change the battery in '99 Taurus. Now Head lights,

Customer Question
directional lights and dome light...
I had to change the battery in '99 Taurus. Now Head lights, directional lights and dome light do not work? I suspect the security system. I checked all the fuses located in the front of the car under the hood. The bright lights will come on, the parking lights come on but not the regular beam headlights
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: It's a used car, don't have one.
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Checked fuses. I have tail lights. parking lights, Brake lights, but not directional lights or regular bean head lights.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suspect the security system but don't know where to look. I did check all the fuses in the front fuse box under the hood.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is fuse 22 under the hood good and powered?

At the headlights switch with the headlights turned on, is the dark blue/orange wire powered and is the red/yellow wire as well?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician