Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter
2947720

Hood release inside the car won't work. Really need to get

Customer Question

hood release inside the car won't work. Really need to get under the hood.. only one person here, me. Can I get in?
JA: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?
Customer: no, nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 Escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am worried suddenly about transmission fluid level, so I really need to check the fluid level. Don't have time to leave it at a garage right now. If I can somehow get the hood up, I'll be less worried.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? It's hard to know for sure. The Ford Mechanic will figure it out.
Customer: no, thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

..

The best way to open the hood is to have someone push down on it while you are pulling the cable.

.

If you can access any part of the cable from under the hood, in the grill area, you can cut the outer housing and strip it to where you can grab the cable itself with pliers and pull on it, (while someone pushes down on the hood)

.

If need be then you will have to lay down under the front of the vehicle and reach up in there with a screwdriver and activate the latch, where the cable goes.

..

The only other way would be to get in there with a small wrench, and unbolt the latch itself.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.