Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Code scanner shows coil packs 24568 bad. I have replace all

Customer Question
of them with new plugs...
Code scanner shows coil packs 24568 bad. I have replace all of them with new plugs. Running rough misfiring. Changed air sensor. Out of ideas ar this point
JA: Have you metered out the ignition system?
Customer: Not yet. Where do I start with that
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1999 f250 5.4
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Air box sensor , all new plugs , all new coil packs, tested balance with unplugging and listening for idle Down for each injector
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am fixingyaelf as well
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Haynes
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
These engines have very common issues with the wiring to the injectors and coils. You should start by checking all of them for cracking insulation that will result in contact between the wires. Most of them are very easy to get to
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced all coil packs plugs , went to auto zone and sensor in air filter box was bad so changed that. Code scanner showed 24568 ignition coil bad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I check the ignition switch. From my research it could be that or the camshaft sensor but the engine will run and made it to autozpne for scan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clarify p0358,352,354,355,356 and intake air temp sensor circuit high
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes