Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The temperature gauge is going out speedometer doesn't work

Customer Question

The temperature gauge is going out speedometer doesn't work the speedometer on my chip doesn't work tow haul mode doesn't work and my truck sometimes wont shift into 5th gear or manually downshift I have a 5 speed automatic 2006 Ford F250 Amarillo special edition 6.0 liter please help
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Truck only has 111992 miles
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm attempting to fix it myself and I'm taking it to a mechanic who plugged his laptop in and said everything was fine he cleared all my trouble codes and they all came back with seemingly worse problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I have an edge chip and whether or not it's plugged in or not doesn't make a difference
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The website only allows us to help diagnose and fix one system or concern per post. There is a subscription plan though where as you can open and ask and rate as many questions as needed. On this concern do you want me to help with the temp, speed signal, or transmission?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris