Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

2006 ford mustang squealing belt two mornings. Day I went to

Customer Question

2006 ford mustang squealing belt two mornings. Day I went to have it looked at, more like a screeching to a halt sound and intmittant ticking. Going to have it looked at, cut off. Got it started again and it cut off again. Will not restart. Fuel pump replaced. Turns over but will not start. No water in radiator.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Car did not overheat. No check engine light on
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

check the oil dipstick is milky color, ?

where did the coolant go ?

it either leaked out or evaporated out the tail pipe ?

we need fuel & spark to start what we missing ?

CKP sensor , crank shaft position sensor checked , and its wiring , make sure the ckp sensor did not get cut by the drive belt

fill up the radiator with water for now and do a coolant pressure test any leaks show up ?

you changed pump but is running , what is the fuel pressure

did you jump timing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oil not milky
Pump running pressure 55 above
Where is CKP sensor?
Did not jump timing
Started with starter fluid before fuel pump changed
Problem is no spark and no codes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?

yes i m here

ckp location , front crank shaft pulley

but if started with starter fluid that means nu fuel pump running and you replace it right

fuel pump relay checked , are you getting power and ground to pump

how did you check for spark

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pulled plug wire, checked with tester
Yes power and ground to pump
No belt broke to cut CKP sensor
Did not start with starter since pump replaced. After replacing fuel pump is when lost spark

what you have on ckp

The CKP sensor is a magnetic transducer mounted on the engine block adjacent to a pulse wheel located on the crankshaft. By monitoring the crankshaft mounted pulse wheel, the CKP is the primary sensor for ignition information to the PCM. The pulse wheel has a total of 35 teeth spaced 10 degrees apart with one empty space for a missing tooth. The 6.8L 10-cylinder pulse wheel has 39 teeth spaced 9 degrees apart and one 9 degree empty space for a missing tooth. By monitoring the pulse wheel, the CKP sensor signal indicates crankshaft position and speed information to the PCM. By monitoring the missing tooth, the CKP sensor is also able to identify piston travel in order to synchronize the ignition system and provide a way of tracking the angular position of the crankshaft relative to a fixed reference for the CKP sensor configuration. The PCM also uses the CKP signal to determine if a misfire has occurred by measuring rapid decelerations between teeth.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will change sensor. Can I get you again in an hour or two?

yes sure this post will stay open between us

i m online daily from 10 am till late

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You

Chad Farhat