EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2007 mustang convertible. One rear quarter window will only

Customer Question

2007 mustang convertible. One rear quarter window will only go up half way.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. The switch works, the window motor is working. I believe it is a window indexing program problem. The passenger door was open when the roof was put up last night and all doors are suppose to be closed. So I need the window indexing program protocol to reset so the window will go up.
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Here is the procedure to adjust the rear window. CLICK HERE. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The window glass adjustment-rear quarter, convertible is not what I need. This document is for fine fitting the window and making small incremental fit adjustment. My problem is window indexing for the rear quarter Windows. Both windows are switched from the driver position through one switch. Passenger side Rear quarter as of last night comes down halfway and then reverses and goes up half of the travel of distance that the window went down. Clearly this is a window index problem. Ford provides a reprogram index protocol for the front windows but not the rear in the owners manual. This all happened last night during a presentation to my granddaughter who received the car for her 16th birthday. During the demonstration the passenger door was left open. According to owners on net and one of the justanswer responses this can happen if the passenger door is open, the convertible top is not up right. This question has already been answered by justanswer but I do not think the complete answer is contained in the paragraph see below:PROAUTOTECH, Ford Mechanic
see copy Mechanic
replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a shop foreman. I will be helping you today.The rear quarter windows are operated by a single window switch
located at the driver door window controls. Press and pull the window
switch to open and close the windows.
• Press down and hold the switch to open.
• Pull up and hold the switch to close.
Rear power windows manual override (convertible only)
The rear quarter window switch will not operate under the following
conditions:
• Convertible top is moving
• Convertible top is not completely up or down
In the event that the rear quarter window switch does not operate when
the convertible top is completely up or down, the rear quarter windows
can be manually raised up.
The following procedure must be performed within two minutes:
1. Turn the ignition key to the off position, then turn back to the on
position.
2. Press the rear window switch down three times.

Ok. I might not have the correct information. I will opt-out and another expert that has the correct info can assist. Thank you.