Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Searching for a new drive belt but having no luck. this is

Customer Question
Searching for a new drive...
Searching for a new drive belt but having no luck. this is the first pic I have seen of the right layout
JA: What shape is the drive belt in? Do you know if it needs to be replaced, or just adjusted?
Customer: replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 ford Taurus ses
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The alternator went bad, I have removed the belt and alternator only to find out that the belt I have is about 5" longer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think I messed up the large front pully
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/24/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** your 2003 Taurus?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1FAFP55253A165236

Below is the belt routing for your Taurus. Make sure you have the belt routed properly first.

See below.

That is the same. My diagram shows it on the vehicle. Make sure they gave you the correct belt for the 3.0L V6 12 valve engine and not the 3.0L V6 32 valve engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Your welcome.

A. Penland
A. Penland