Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I thought i had a faulty fuel pump so I replaced it. The

Customer Question

I thought i had a faulty fuel pump so I replaced it. The truck ran for a few hours and quit again. Thus far, the fuel pump is not running.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I just replaced it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 F-150 FX4 5.4L
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing it myself. I've checked all of the fuses and relays and the inertia switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter do you have key on engine cranking power in and out of the inertia switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inertia switch tested ok.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay can you double check and see if your getting voltage in and out of it while cranking and let me know?