Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

2012 f150 starter sticks and engine will not start, first

Customer Question

2012 f150 starter sticks and engine will not start
JA: Is this the first time the starter has gotten stuck, or has it given you trouble before?
Customer: first time
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just walked home and trying to figure out how to rescue it. F150 HD edition
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: large engine, same as the raptor
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Check fuse 27 in the underhood fusebox. If it is melted you will need to have the fuse relocated using Ford fuse relocation kit part number EL3Z-14293-A. Sometimes you can pull the melted fuse out and temporarily install a new fuse until the relocation can be performed. If the fuse separates when removing use a needle nose to get the terminal out before installing a new one.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Just checking in to see if you need further assistance. If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated.

Thanks!

Kenny Z