Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Both front power windows stopped working at the same time. I

Customer Question
both front power windows stopped...
both front power windows stopped working at the same time. I just replaced the switch pod with a used one and the problem continues
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: i checked both fuses inside the cabin
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 marquis
JA: Are you fixing your Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the fuses and replacing the switch pod - myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do both windows not work from either the drives door switch or the passenger door?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct

Are you able to do some testing If I provide you with the steps starting with checking for power in and out of the master switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not overly mechanical. how complicated are the steps?

If you nor mechanical you may need some hands on help performing the steps. Do you have access to someone who can help you with these steps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, it;s just me.

well unfortunately with out proper testing there is no easy answer. Im suspecting you may have a bad Accessory delay relay but its a guess with out the testing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I know the relays are in the box under the hood and I'm not willing to f-up under there. Thanks for your help, anyway.

Your very welcome and if you can get someone to help you with some hands on testing I can provide the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cheers

You as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician