James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My 2012 FX2 is having some issues and they could be related.

Customer Question

My 2012 FX2 is having some issues and they could be related. First my A/C doesn't blow cold air anymore, sometimes it will blow cool air but mostly blows warm air. Also, whenever I have my AC turned on the fan will run nonstop and is way louder than normal. It will seldomly cycle off for 2 or 3 seconds at the most and then continues to run very loudly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does the AC cool better when the vehicle is moving or not moving better?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither. I would say that 50% of the time the air is blowing cool, 40% is warm and 10% it will get colder than cool but not at max cooling temperatures. Moving or not moving does not seem to make a difference.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If the Freon charge is at a normal charge I would suspect the issue is with the HVAC module. It could be the blend door motor is sticking as well. The blend door motor is what changes the output temp from hot to cold. If the door is sticking or not working correctly you can get erratic temperature output. Usually a software update will fix this concern though.