Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2000 f150 with a 5.4 and it is leaking coolant from

Customer Question
i have a 2000 f150...
i have a 2000 f150 with a 5.4 and it is leaking coolant from the left from intake. the mechanic sas i have to replace the whole intake on top of engine, doe this sound right
JA: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?
Customer: do not know how old hoses are, it is leaking from on top od engine where it crosses over
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am having it done at local shop and it just looks to me like you could replace a seal instead of the whole intake
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

YES, that is correct. If the intake manifold is in fact leaking, it will need to be replaced with a new one.

The O.E. part number is *****

If the engine is a 5.4 Vin L

You can look on line and get them cheaper as Dorman and other companies may make them and sell them at a lower cost than your mechanic is selling it to you for.

For example, that part number lists out for $505

If you send me your VIN, I can verify the correct part number you need to save you a lot of money on the part itself.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN