Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

The reverse lights and oil pressure light wont go out, oil

Customer Question

the reverse lights and oil pressure light wont go out
JA: Have you checked the oil? How old is your oil pump?
Customer: oil is changed regually
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 05 ford five hundred limited
JA: Are you fixing your Five Hundred yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I'm trying to and I have tried fuses and moving wires and no results
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

There is a TSB on this issue for a failed instrument cluster by ford manufacturer .

I send it to you for your review , there will be several symptoms involved in the failure and the symptoms you are having are listed

The instrument cluster will need to be rebuild or replaced

FORD: 2005-2006 Five Hundred, Freestyle MERCURY: 2005-2006 Montego This article supersedes TSB 06-6-2 to update the Service Procedure. ISSUE Some 2005-2006 Freestyle/Five Hundred/Montego vehicles built before 02/17/2006 may exhibit intermittent instrument cluster concerns with one of the following symptoms: Very temporary intermittant condition at which time the Instrument Cluster pointers will intermittently "home" randomly after the ignition switch is in the run position. This is when all pointers travel to the low end of gauge travel, jitter for two to four seconds, and then recover. This condition may be more likely to occur as the vehicle drives over rough road surfaces. During hard fault or prolonged intermittant condition, most functionality of the cluster will cease operation as soon as the issue is present, including all gages becoming inoperative. While the fault exists, multiple warning lights will be illuminated, Cluster High Speed Controller Area Network (CAN) or Medium Speed CAN network communication with other module(s) will be inoperative, and reverse lights will stay on. If the fault discontinues, the tachometer and speedometer gauges will sweep and then reset. Look for U1900 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in other electronic modules, as well as P0462/P2067 in the powertrain control module (PCM). These symptoms could be the result of a defective solder joint on the printed circuit board in the instrument cluster.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that makes the reverse lights stay on as well?

yes sir , it does , i tried to highlighted for you earlier reply

here it is again mentioned in the bulletin

, Cluster High Speed Controller Area Network (CAN) or Medium Speed CAN network communication with other module(s) will be inoperative, and reverse lights will stay on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this something i could fix or dealer only

you can buy the cluster yourself and replace problem here ,you will need the dealer scanner for programming.

for that specific problem I will take to dealer, and sometimes that will give you a break since it is a TSB on the problem when it comes to the bill.

Just let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

It takes 1.4 hour labor

and the list price around $600 , but they should charge way less than that for it

these are the part # ,3 different ones depends on model you have

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Instrument Cluster / Carrier

Instrument Cluster

SE

Part #6G1Z10849AC $639.43

Includes Speedometer, Tach, Fuel & Temp Gauge.

SEL

Part #5G1Z10849CC $665.54

Limited

Part #5G1Z10849EC $681.97

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Instrument Cluster

B 1.4 labor hours

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13801)

good luck

Chad