Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2007 6.0 powerstroke wont turn over with the key.

Customer Question
Batteries are up. Fuel filters...
My 2007 6.0 powerstroke wont turn over with the key. Batteries are up. Fuel filters are new. Fuel pump makes noise but is not pumping.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The key is not worn or damaged. Yes can turn the steering wheel
JA: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: F 350 6.0 powerstroke
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Have checked all relays. Ran a jumper from the starter to the battery. Starter turned but no start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician
I understand correctly the engine is turning over but the fuel filter housing isn't filling up with fuel?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The engine is not turning over with the key. Ran a jumper wire from the starter to the battery to check to see if it would turn. It did.

Did it start when you ran the jumper wire?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuel filter housing is not filling up with fuel. No it did not start

I won't have access to the wire diagram until I get home. Do you have access to the fuse diagram? If so is the fuel pump fuse good and has power on both sides?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Has power on 1 side but not the other
Power on one side but not the other indicates the fuse is blown. You want to replace it and see if it blows again.

Hello, did the fuse re blow after you changed it?

James, Ford Technician