Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

A/C cycles between blowing cold then hot in 2002 f-250.

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Eric, do you know your pressure reading on the high and low side?

Dose the compressor kick off when it blows hot?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have a pressure reader. The clutch looks like it's engaging.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay if the clutch is staying enguaged when it blows hot then the next step would be to check the systems pressure. If you do not have a set of gauges you can usually barrow a set at most parts store on there tool loner program. Can you get me your pressure reading ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was hoping there was a limited amount of possibilities it could be. It will take me a bit to get the pressure readings.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay that would be very helpful, one other thing you can check is when it starts blowing hot, place your hand on the Accumulator on the passenger side firewall and see if it remains ice cold. Le t me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, I haven't had a chance to pick up a pressure reader, but I have been able to verify the clutch is not staying engaged.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay then that could very likely indicate the system my not have enough pressure. In order to determine if that is the case we really need the pressure reading.