Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Moon roof on 2009 f 150 crew cab lariat wont stay closed, It

Customer Question
moon roof on 2009 f...
moon roof on 2009 f 150 crew cab lariat wont stay closed, It closes but backs up a quarter inch.
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,but have not started yet
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: checking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is s little bit on the neg. side but not bad
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Disconnect both battery cables (positive and negative) and hold them together for 15 minutes. Then reconnect one at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system.

Roof Opening Panel Motor Initialization

WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects in its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

NOTE: A new roof opening panel motor will only open and must be initialized.

NOTE: The roof opening panel motor initialization procedure must be done when repairs are carried out on any part of the roof opening panel system, including: any time the roof opening panel motor has been removed from the roof opening panel assembly, a new roof opening panel motor has been installed or when a new roof opening panel assembly has been installed.

NOTE: If the SLIDE switch is released before initialization movements are complete, turn the ignition key to the OFF position, then back to the RUN position and repeat this step.

NOTE: All roof opening panel motor/module assemblies have an electronically controlled comfort stop position, which is approximately 50 mm (2 in) from the full OPEN position. When the roof opening panel is opened, the SLIDE switch must be released when the comfort stop position has been reached and then pressed again to fully open the roof opening panel.

NOTE: If the SLIDE switch is released before initialization movements are complete, turn the ignition key to the OFF position, then back to the RUN position, and repeat this step.

1. Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
    • For an existing roof opening panel motor, skip to Step 3.
    • For a new roof opening panel motor, proceed to Step 2.
  2. For a new roof opening panel motor/module:
    • Press the SLIDE switch until the roof opening panel moves past the full OPEN position and continue to hold for approximately 10 seconds. The roof opening panel will cycle slightly rearward and then slightly forward to the stored OPEN position.
    • Quickly release and re-press and hold the SLIDE switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to the full VENT position, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed. When the initialization movements are complete, go to Step 4.
  3. For an existing roof opening panel motor/module:
    • Press and hold the SLIDE switch until the roof opening panel glass moves to the full OPEN position. Release the switch.
    • Press and hold the SLIDE switch for approximately 10 seconds. The roof opening panel will cycle slightly rearward and then slightly forward to the stored OPEN position.
    • Quickly release and re-press and hold the SLIDE switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to full VENT position, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed.
  4. Release the SLIDE switch and test the system for normal operation by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close and one-touch vent operations.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician