Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have Ford Escape 2013 been in shop more than I have

Customer Question
actually owned it. Latest transmission...
I have Ford Escape 2013 been in shop more than I have actually owned it. Latest transmission replaced when complete took to have oil change and they said transmission leasing. when took bac to shop they are saying left axle needs replaced it is boot leaking. So confused. Is this something that should have been noticed during transmission change?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

It should have been noticed at the time the trans was replaced as you need to remove the axles to remove the trans. The boots may have been damaged at that time.

I am surprised you are having so many problems with a 3 year old vehicle.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are trying to charge me for axle and boots but they had to be removed in order to replace trasmission?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had it back for 2 weeks. If I had not had oil change wouldn't have known

Yes just the axles, not the boots. The axles need to be removed as an assembly. I am thinking if they were improperly removed the boots may have been stretched out causing them to leak.

This should be warranty, how many miles are on it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
133000. Last Sept in shop for 3 months replacing what they call the brain tells when to shift not sure what it's called
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have lifetime powertrain warranty but hasn't worked out for me that well

I would take it back to the shop that worked on it last and complain.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea he said he removed the wheel too but not responsible if I had blown tire. Don't ever use Amacco

You should tell them that removing the wheel and having a blown tire is one thing, but what if the lugnuts were left loose and then the wheel falls off. That is my point.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said for some reason non of his suppliers has the left axle and boot so he has to get directly from Ford additional 100 bucks. We picked it up taking it somewhere else but car has been in shop 4 times in 1 year. 4 months ago for turbo and module at Ford and they had for 5 weeks. Last month New transmission and now left axle and boot. In shop 2 days after we bought forgot for what then few months later I think the other axle. We have lemon and no one will give us more than half for what we owe. Not sure what to do don't really trust any mechanics now

I would work on it for you and I am an honest mechanic, too bad I am not the one working on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have any referrals this way be awesome. I will ask my husband if he has any other questions to close this out.

I am working on starting my own shop. I do not have any referrals not sure what part of the country you are in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have any referrals this way be awesome. I will ask my husband if he has any other questions to close this out. In St Louis

I do not know that area at all.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What state are you in

Illinois

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where in Illinois. My husband works there hence the miles so high on vehicle.

Suburb of the Chicago area.

Dan, ASE Certified Technician