Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I had an alarm system and rear camera installed on my 07

Customer Question
Ford Explorer sport trac. Airbag...
I had an alarm system and rear camera installed on my 07 Ford Explorer sport trac. Airbag light is on now and stays on. The shop is not taking responsibility. Light doesn't flash when turning key to accessory so there is no code. I disconnected the battery for nearly an hour and reconnected. Light is still on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The first step will be to have the airbag code pulled. Though you may not be able to "flash" the code out, a high-level scan tool should be able to pull the code(s) and find out what area the computer thinks is at fault. Do you have a way to do this?

Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, this is Josh just checking in. I want to mention additionally that I think the best course of action in this case, since there is a chance that the other shop is responsible for the problem, is to have a reputable repair shop perform a diagnostic on the air bag light and ask them to see if the alarm system has interfered. This way, if it is determined that the original shop is responsible for the problem, it is in writing and can be used to ask them to pay for the fix. You could also ask that they repay you for the diagnostic charge (usually around $100). I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask! Also, please take a moment to rate my service

Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes