Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Instruments all quit ,car still cranks but hard to steer,

Customer Question
instruments all quit ,car still...
instruments all quit ,car still cranks but hard to steer
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: yes, belt good this is 2006 p71 donor car i removedfront clip and thought i must have disc ground but found none
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: crownvic cop car
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i amremovingbody to use frame in 66 f100 project all was working when i started but have been cranking it with battery in back seat to move it in and out of shop and noticed tach and all gauges have quit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is the gauges not working related to steering problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

I assume this has electronic steering and that fuse has no power to it also.

So, is the chassis and wiring from the 2006 Crown Vic or the 1966 F100? How about the steering, to, what is that from?

As for the electronic steering on the crown vic, check fuses 4 in the battery junction box, near the battery and 5 in the central junction box, below dash, left of steering column.

check fuse 104 in the bjb, too.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician