Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Changed throddle, and put in New battery on a 2006 ford 500,

Customer Question
Changed throddle , and put...
Changed throddle , and put in New battery on a 2006 ford 500, car will not crank , lights work what's the problem?
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Not on this car
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: Ford 500 limited
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, changed the throddle and put in New battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Anti theft lights and dash lights come on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Does the anti-theft light flash rapidly when you turn the key to the ON position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No,

It is possible that you need a new starter. You can check by using a test light to see if power is getting to the starter when the key is in the START position.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician