A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid will not start I just had work

Customer Question

My 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid will not start I just had work done on it mostly front end and rear end repairs nothing electrical. But now it won't start it sat in the garage with doors open for about a week and a half so I figure it Drew the battery's down. We tried the button down by the drivers side floor and it still didn't start. Any other suggestions the computer says something about an emissions test not being complete and something with the transmission
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Did you recharge the engine battery or replace it?

Not the Hybrid battery in the back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the charger we didn't replace it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

If the engine battery is drained, the engine will not start and all the modules will freak out because of low to lack of voltage. They need at least 5 volts to properly retain memory.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been on the charger for several hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The headlights are bright the dash lights are bright just will not turn over at all not even a clicking
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Do the headlights dim when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they do not
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Is there a red theft light flashing rapidly on the dash when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Have you been able to check for any trouble codes in any of the modules in the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a Snap-On computer that gives the code Pola high voltage system interlock circuit what does that mean
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

WHat is the actual code Number?
Example P3425

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
POAOA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car ran perfect when we pulled it in here to do tie rod ends and brakes but now wont start
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Somehow something happened to the Hybrid system on the vehicle. See below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you suggest that's the data I have on my computer too
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You will need a certified Hybrid technician to work on it because of the HGH VOLTGE in the Hybrid circuits. All the ORANGE colored wiring under the hood, dash and carpet to the rear of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other codes that are on it are P1000 and P1A14
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in transmissions for the first code and engine for the others.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The P1000 will be in the PCM till the vehicle is driven and all the on board monitors have been run by the PCM and checked. Usually after about 100 miles. But the P1A14 see below.

Check all the wiring connectors to the transmission, engine and body around the areas where the vehicle was being worked on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did all that.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to let you know on a Ford hybrid there's 2 kill switches for the batteries that need to be reset if you bump the car around perhaps changing some parts and all you have to do is reset them and it'll start.