Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Looking to lock Dow my vehicle with out disconexting the

Customer Question

Looking to lock Dow my vehicle with out disconexting the battery. People are drivin my car when I go to beIsomorphic want too pay $240 for no locksmith.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: 2005 maxima. The batter starts the car. In the fuse Bo's
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Never had to do this befor, but on acossion I pull
The ECU fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just how to kill a car when when Someone is joy riding after I go to bed.The fuse box next to the battery , is there a fuse I could pull
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the ecu fuse is the best one. But you can pull the starter relay or ign fuse as well. But the ecu fuse or starter relay would be best.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the starter relayAlso, break lights work, but not the tail light
Can you tell me where that fuse is alsoThank you very much
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This should count as 1 of 5 free question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For response.
I will check where it is when I get to work later. As far as billing and things go I'm just an independent contractor on the site. I'm a user like you. If you are a member then I believe it does. But that being said I don't get paid unless you rate me. But it doesn't cost you any more to rate me.
I'll get the location for you tho when I get to work
the relay should be in the underwood fuse box. The exact one should be listed on the lid.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.
If I have been helpful, please rate my advice positively, it's the only way I get compensated. And it doesn't cost you anything more to do so.Thanks