Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The fuel pump relay keeps going bad its a 2007 mustang gt,

Customer Question
the fuel pump relay keeps...
the fuel pump relay keeps going bad its a 2007 mustang gt
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: it did stall out now it wont start at all like it will try and start but it wont and I replaced the fuel pump and put a new relay in it it ran for 2 days then stalled out and did the same thing as before
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't tried anything yet and id like to fix it myslef
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: itll start with starting fluid but i cant give it any gas itll just stall out and die
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just please text me im really busy right now. but i need this answer
8/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you are testing the fuel pump after it fails? Is so what are the readings? Does it have an internal open circuit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't tested it. I don't think it's open.

Does the relay itself melt or what happens to the relay. I am just trying to get an idea of how the relay is failing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright so I took it to a mechanic and they said it was the relay and they replaced it. But a couple days later the same thing happened again. So I figured something is making the relay go bad

There are only two things that usually make the relay go bad. Either the fuel pump itself is bad and is drawing too much amperage, or the relay is not being turned off so it may be a module or ignition switch problem.

Fix It Man
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician